View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
I'll give you my advice as a regular Chicago show attendee and frequent Chicago National show attendee.

Two days is more than enough. depending on what goals you have you could possibly do it in one day.

The National (unlike the regular shows) has more corporate stuff to look at. That's always nice to take time to do. There's also a lot more things going on at individual tables. oftentimes there will be autograph guests at the tables.

As for where to stay, If you're driving I highly recommend finding a hotel room outside the immediate area. There's no need to pay the jacked up rates right there in Rosemont. Drive a couple miles and find a Days Inn. You'll save enough money to spend the next day at the show.

Plan your eating breaks. I've often find I spend the entire day wandering and never stop to eat or drink. That's a challenge.

As for the VIP, never got them, never will. They're a big waste of money to me. Most of the big dealers have already worked over deals with each other so the panic of having to get that extra hour in is pretty false.

If you don't plan frequent trips out to your car I highly suggest parking at the Metro Lot just East of the interstate. It's only $5 to park all day ( I think the ramps charge something like $20) plus they are easy to get in and out of.It's an easy walk to the convention center from there.

Visiting downtowm Chicago is amazing. There's tons to do (I highly recommend Eataly. If you go there you'll see what I mean.) Getting downtown is easy. Just hop on the train at the lot I told you to park at and your in Downtown in just a couple of minutes.
Great stuff Mark! Are you referring to the Rosemont L-train station?

Thanks for the info! Dave
Successful transactions with: polakoff, Paul S, xplainer, marvymelvin, lordstan, Thromdog, pow323, Golfcollector, OldJudge, frankbmd, kamikidEFFL, jcc6252, sam majors, t206fix, brian29575, bbsports, jfkheat