View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Jarret Kahn

Default Rule/PWCC

When I posted, I did not know the settings had me as anonymous until someone responded to my post. It does not matter to me. On the other topic you discuss, I do not get into it as I know it has been discussed on other parts of the forum and I thought was not what the OP was discussing. I have my own opinions on it which would go off topic, including what ebay could do. I assume those have been discussed suggested already anyway as I saw some other discussions but they are long. I am not oblivious to the inevitability of it. No system is ever perfect. I use a buy it now model myself to avoid that whole mess. All that leads to is people asking how much I will take and then bidding up a similar card to the nearest dollar and if they lose tell me last one went for..........whether or not there is something inferior about the item, whether or not it ended at 5:00 a.m. on a week day, and ignoring they intentionally did not bid higher. If an item went low, they will try to argue it is fair market value and pressure a sale. The ebay system should not allow people to retract a bid and say entered wrong amount - this should never be allowed. The system should also not allow someone to keep bidding someone up in the small increments it does because it seems to indicate they did not really enter what they wanted. Ebay should ban more people and prevent them from opening new id's after banned. I assume this has been discussed. Might be more of a problem with the bidding system than the sellers that get criticized. It is a matter of more policing. Just as cutting down on people selling fraudulent items being sold by sellers and misleading listings. All sellers should block bid retractors and non-payers I think. All sellers who take consignments should probably have a list of a consignor's ebay account(s). But this is different than the federal case where the auction house knew the exact bids.