View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Basically, I am saying they they could be on a limited status, but to ban may prevent others from voicing out fraud out there.....if they feel its too problematic to post, then net54 member and the hobby generally can now pay for fraudulent stuff that could of been avoided...I for one did not have any inking that there would be problems with the rings.......again they would have to be correct on the fraud to excuse them..and again it would be a limited reprieve..not full access..

I would do anything in my power to encourage people to point out valid fraud to others...that's a good thing for the hobby...worried about a few words in which the poster would be banned if not telling the truth in exchange for many many victims doesn't seem like a fair trade...
The "name" rules we have are not negotiable as of today (still debatable though). That being said, I have always helped folks expose fraud if they come to me, while they can remain anonymous. There are ways to do things other than breaking our most important rule. Do we lose a few members because of the rule? Yes, but to me, it does way more good than bad. As I always tell folks, if standing behind what you say is a problem, this is not going to be a good forum for you. If you want to make accusations and be anonymous, go somewhere else.

And BTW, you saying they have to be correct is probably the biggest obstacle to your whole plan. Many times we might not ever find out if they are correct or not, then what? They just screw up a person or a companies reputation while remaining anonymous? What if the person exposing them, and remaining anonymous, just had an ax to grind, then what?

Last edited by Leon; 02-11-2015 at 09:26 AM.