View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Why can't someone just put their name? How hard is that?

Leon, I do have a question - if someone really wanted to expose a problem piece and really didn't want to use their name, couldn't they post the following anomalously:

"I visited the ABC auction and noticed lot no. 999. Does anyone have any opinions or thoughts on this lot pertaining to it being or not being authentic?"
I probably wouldn't have an issue with that. As a matter of fact I can remember some instances where folks have done that and it was ok. I can't make a blanket statement but as long as the person posting doesn't make an accusation or say something is bad, fake etc......it probably wouldn't an issue. And lastly, very recently a major auction house (and advertiser) came to me about this exact question. They said they felt the person starting the thread should have to have their full name in their post. I said, show me where they said, or made accusations. They didn't. End of discussion. The person that started that thread never heard from me and it stayed without his name, only his user id.