View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 12:10 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
As an older fan of a team that has been in a lot of big games in my lifetime (Cowboys), I can tell the younger fans that you will go through this many more times in your life. It comes with the games on the opposite end of the spectrum (remember just two weeks ago?). I felt much worse when Lynn Swann made that catch in the Super Bowl against Dallas, or when Jackie Smith dropped the pass from Staubach, or 'the catch' by the blasted 49'ers. I just wish Bart Starr had passed in the 1967 NFC Championship game
Well, as an older fan this Cowboy memory will make you happy. One of my coaches in HS was the guy (Larry Schreiber) who scored 3 TDs against the Cowboys in the '72 Divisional round game, to put the Niners up 21-6... but Staubach came in late and lead a crazy 4th quarter comeback, including on side kick, to win 30-28. I think that's when the nickname "Captain Comeback" was coined, right?

Re- comments about Seattle fans, I'm not speaking in reference to any of these ridiculous videos, or conspiracy theories (coaches didn't want Marshawn to win MVP?? Please), but my personal experience at games in Seattle has been incredible. I've been to 3 Niner games there, including the NFC Champ game last year. Each time, I wore my red Niner gear, and never once did someone try to instigate a fight. I got a few light hearted heckles, but the kind where we're both smiling while talking trash. One thing about the Seattle fans I've seen, they don't seem to try and escalate the situation, and if you don't wanna take their sh*t they just leave you alone. Niner fans (at Candlestick) on the other hand have been an embarrassment for the last decade or so. I've seen so many people just egg and egg opposing fans until a fight breaks out. I've been to a few of the recent Packer games, and remember watching a group of fans across the parking lot follow a cheese head, knock off his hat, step on it... then knock it off again and again and again. The Packer fan (nicest fans ever) just kept walking away, but those situations often got uglier. So dumb, it's just a football game.