View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Whats funny is if they score...everyone would be criticizing belichek for not calling a timeout with a minute left..instead he let it tick down to 30 secs...which would of been more than enough time for seahawks to run 3 plays as they had a timeout ....all the pats would of needed would of been a fg to tie the game like green bay did a week earlier...no reason not to call your 3 timeouts if seahawks run ball and are stopped....but..

the irony is...if a timeout was called...I pretty sure seattle ends up running the ball when they have time to think about it on 2nd down..plus another reason they run is they would want ne to burn more timeouts if stopped on a run versus an incomplete pass......
Yeah, I've said the same thing in other threads, and yes, do think there's a good chance Seattle runs if Belicheck calls TO. You should definitely have called TO in that situation because Seattle wasn't rushed, and if you hold, you're assured to e able to run that minute or less off the clock. But it worked out perfectly.

Not to be lost, Butler made an amazing jump on that play.. Amazing. He sold out completely before the ball's thrown, trusting the scouting/tendencies, etc. That's the play of a lifetime, and he'd already made two amazing plays on that drive.

Separately, did anyone see Baldwin pretend to take his pants off and crap out the ball?? NBC was quick to cut that one out. So classy

Last edited by itjclarke; 02-02-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Adding