View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Sorry Scott, whatever pics you show me, I'm not buying your guarantee. If someone comes forward and admits it, I'll change my stance. I simply find it hard to believe that the Steelers-- a routinely successful team un-liked by many and with at least one hated rival, apparently have not been challenged for this same conduct. Nor have others. I refuse to drink the kool-aid that this vast group of people is just out to get the Patriots. You might think that at least one former player--maybe one looking for attention or with simply no concern about fallout--would step forward and say this ball deflation happens regularly. I just can't see such a diverse group of football people from different eras all closing ranks and declining to admit that this happens. Now, if one or two did come forward I would likely remain skeptical about their assertions and would look closely at them, but I would at least expect to see that much happen and as yet, it has not.
What if someone had called out the Steelers 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 15 years ago? even 40 years ago? If the Steelers were called out for the same thing 40 years ago, you could still have said that it makes no sense that others cheated before them, because some other team would have gotten called out for it at some point up until 1975. There's a first time for everything, and the Patriots are the first - that's my opinion, but obviously I can't prove anything.