View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
I know this board tends to go ballistic whenever anything positive is said about PSA. But for the reasons mentioned by the OP and the fact that clearly o/c cards don't seem to faze SGC for slabbing them in higher grades is why I never sub to them. And no, I am not a PSA shareholder and JO is not a relative.
Lol, people love their grading companies!

I don't necessarily prefer one over the other as I collect any card in any of the three main TPG's that passes the eye test. Bob has a great point about the SGC holders...they are really starting to suck and get on a lot of people's nerves. Where's the quality control at? We pay for a service and we should get quality in return, not this shaky holder that for some reason failed to evolve with time.

One thing that I believe SGC has over PSA and BVG is that I feel I can trust, for the most part, things like paper loss being somewhere on the card when it's not supposed to be there. When I buy a VG graded card, paper loss should not be anywhere, but I've noticed it a lot more on PSA graded cards than SGC. Sometimes I feel like I get on seller's nerves because I always ask them a lot of questions about the condition, but because of these inconsistencies I feel like I have to ask to save me some issues down the road.

Anyway...SGC...get your crap together if you want to continue being a top notch grading company. Don't let something this small sink your ship!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48