Thread: Instant Classic
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
No luck? So you're saying that 2 point conversion happened exactly as it was designed?

Come one, Scott. The onsides kick and 2 point conversion were luck. If either of those goes GBs way, then we're not even having this discussion.

Let me repeat, if Seattle plays the way they did yesterday against NE, they will get a beatdown!
The fact that it didn't go exactly as planned is far different from "luck". Wilson scrambled, eluded the defense, the receive got open, Wilson hit him. That's football. Same for the onside kick - 16% chance of success, but not luck. The kick was executed perfectly, and as I stated earlier, Bostick did not block, but instead attempted to catch a ball when it wasn't his assignment to do so. No luck there, just perfect execution by one team and poor execution by the other.

The only luck was the coin toss, which I've already discussed.

So many things had to go right for Seattle and wrong for Green Bay, in order for things to turn out the way they did. And it all happened - statistically improbable, but not luck. I'm as amazed as anyone, but I would never say "we got lucky".

Last edited by Runscott; 01-19-2015 at 12:19 PM.