View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 01:51 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thromdog View Post
I picked up a few last night, some that I had not initially targeted but thought were well below value.

Overall I thought the prices were about what I expected but there were a few surprises, namely the ungraded EPDG's which some went for a LOT more than I was going to risk. Seeing all the graded cards, I wondered why Saco didn't have those graded also. Some of them looked odd to me, I can't say trimmed because the pictures were too small to tell. Plus they didn't show the backs which was odd to me.

Anyway, would love to hear from someone at the auction about their impression of the ungraded lots.
I agree about the ungraded lots. I would have liked to have known why they weren't graded since some looked decent. Maybe Saco wanted to offer graded cards that were 4.5 or higher (which virtually all were that were auctioned last night) and felt those included in the raw lots wouldnt meet that threshold. Given that assumption I bid much lower then the 10 player raw lots eventually brought with the vig. Assuming most of those raws would have graded out 2 or 3 they were hammered much above fair value in my opinion. As mentioned earlier an internet bidder identified as p****e won a significant number of the raw lots.