View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 01:12 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Shilling often is not used as a reserve, but to get the most money out of the bidder above and beyond any so-called reserve.

An example is a consignor in a $9.99 minimum bid auction who is willing to let a card go for $50, a bidder who sets a maximum bid of $75, and the consignor shilling (via bidding and subtracting bids) to get the bidder to pay the $75. If the max bid is $125, the consignor would try to get the bidder to pay that.

well I would agree there...if someone set a max that is clear to the seller by software or some other method and shilled knowing he would be beaten (and no chance of 'winning') by the poor buyer's offer than I agree that is wrong and would be mad...

I am not mad or think we need to change anything when the shiller is basically bidding to what the reserve should be and is prepared to 'win' the card...he wont 'win' the card if knows someone has a max beyond this hidden reserve...

I just think when the shiller has to relist because 'won' the card or better yet has to pay a buyers premium on his own card because he 'won' that really takes care of it.....eventually he will have to take the lesser price and loose a lot of time and money in the process...