View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Curt

Mike,

These were a prototype game/set that was apparently pitched to Fleer by Terry Smith creations (?) or at least they were involved to some degree as their logo is on the back. They are the same size as all of the other game day/extra bases cards. The pitchers had several holes in them that were part of the game, where you apparently lined up the card to see what happened next. I believe the pitcher card covered a batter card and then the colored baseball told you what to do.

I won the set on ebay from former Fleer executive Ted Taylor. There were 24 cards plus a bunch of notes and instructions on the game itself. The set was never actually made for mass production. I thought at the time that they might be unique, but it seems that there are more copies floating around out there.

I regret breaking it up now. I had saved the 2 Frank Thomas cards for myself when I was selling them, along with Mike Piazza (the lone Dodger), but also ended up selling the Thomas cards later (which I also regret!!).