View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 AM
JeR@Me

As someone else pointed out, the rare Cobb T206 cards have to do with a rare back. Whereas the rare Wagner T206 is (I believe) the only T206 with Wagner on the front. So the Wagner is desirable even for folks who are not into rare backs.

That said, I agree that a Cobb w/Cobb back is cooler than the Wagner at this point.[/QUOTE]

... but the Wagner T206 is not rare at all with sweet cap back and not rare with it's front either... There are about a hundred of them out there... They are simply wanted for their celebrity value. They have been over marketed along with the Mantle to be the "it" cards of our hobby for 50 years. I think that the Wags "was" a good investment, but I don't believe it has much more appreciation ahead over the coming decades. (I could be wrong of course...) I still think the the T-Wags is a nice looking portrait though and a nice collectible.

Agreed with Leon's point on the Wags & Mantle rook... as someone pointed out early... they have been ensconced in the psyche of the public as the "it" cards to own.

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 01-06-2015 at 10:19 AM.