View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 02:08 AM
Robert C. Taylor

Guys I have looked at this card under a magnifier & my wife's CCTV (she is legally blind & this TV lets you put an item under the monitor & it blows the image up into a larger image) thie card has not been traced, their are no stopping points. The first part of the M in Mickey has been gone overbut what I think happened is he started signing the card & he got distracted telling a story or something & he started over & signed his full signature. I have compared it to the other 100+ Mantle autograph's I have in my collection & I still believe it is real. I even found a photo that Mickey signed for me where he made the circle dot above the i in Mickey.
Yes you read it right I have over 100 Mantle autographs in my collection. My uncle was Cliff Mapes. I was fortunate enough to get to see Mickey 1 or 2 times a year for several years & over that time I got a lot of items signed by Mick. The 3 HOF plaques that I posted are all real & all have been slabbed by PSA. Yes he was drunk when he signed the one in the middle. It was my first one I ever got signed by him & I askedhim to sign it when he was leaving to go back to his room. He about fell over signing it for me.
Thanks again & here are a couple more photos I wanted to share with you. The first one is of my Uncle Cliff Mapes taken at Yankees stadium on Babe Ruth day in 1948 when they retired Babe's #3. My uncle was the last Yankee to wear that number. The second is of my uncle wearing #7 congradulating a young rookie name Mickey Mantle after he just hit his first major league home run!
Enjoy!
Robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cliffretires3.jpg (45.2 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg cliff&mick.jpg (70.3 KB, 375 views)