View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 05:37 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
1964 topps giants actually sell rather quickly in my experience. They just do not sell for a ton of money. A couple bring decent bucks in higher grades.
Let me guess, the Mickey Mantle is one of those that sell for decent bucks in higher grades..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
I collect the 1971 Topps Supers. I think the set is kind of neat, even if it is an oddball set.

The fact the card edges "chip" and dent have always kept me from seriously collecting them Given their oddball size...makes it really hard to keep in a Mn condition. I have yet to find a good holder for them as well.

Nice set though with a good selection of super stars. And what about the 1980 Topps Superstars? You forgot to mention that oversize "set".....and its only 60 cards.

Z Wheat
It seems like all the 1971 cards Topps made easily chipped. No worries, I have the patience to find the nice ones.

I didn't mention the 1980 set because this board is specifically pre 1980 cards. So, they didn't cross my mind. But they would certainly fall in the same category.

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll have to look at adding some of these.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.