View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Robert C. Taylor

Here is the story behind the card.....
It belongs to a friend of a friend of mine. His story is that it was signed by Mantle back around 1987-89 sometimes in there when Mantle was here for a insurnace convention. He said his father in law was a big wig with this insurance company & he went out with Mickey one night to eat & have some drinks. He states the father in law got it signed for him that night & that Mickey had a few drinks down him when he signed it. As far as the story of the insurance convention I do remember Mantle being in town for that. The guy is needing some money & has offered it to my friend & my friend wants to buy it but he is asking me for my opinion & he wants to get it slabbed the next time I send stuff in to PSA.
So my question to you is do you think PSA would pass it? Do you think it is good? I am 99.9% it is good but I have a couple concerns as to weather PSA would slab it. They two things that jump out to me is the gap between the CK in Mickey & the circle dot above the I in Mickey. But you have to consider Mantle signed this in a relaxed atmosphere after dinner & a few drinks. It not like he was sitting at the card show & signing for people coming through the line early in the day.
So what do you think?
Thanks again,
Rober