View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 03:13 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
First of all I added your name per the rules...nothing personal. Have you asked Steve to make a fair deduction in the final price for those 3 cards? I know you said, he said "$12" but maybe that was just an off the cuff quote. That being said you want to return a 565 card lot because of 3 cards that were verbally said to be in it and aren't? I have to ask, did you really want the lot?

All that said, I can't speak for Steve, but if we make a mistake in our auction (I help run) I can't imagine not offering a refund....but then too, I don't know all sides of the story.
Of course I dont want to return the lot, but I did ask steve to just simply make good on the lot and get me the three signed cards. I bumped it up an extra 3 bills just because there were about 20 guys in the lot that I really needed, including these three. His response was 3 cards divided into the lot is about $4 per card. I explained to him that was certainly not a fair assessment and that I could not get replacements for that obviously. His reasoning was that I didnt really lose anything as other bidders who didnt call had no idea that those three signed cards were available in the lot and therefore he would feel justifed giving me $12. I explained HIS EMPLOYEE WENT OVER THE LOT WITH ME and he said it may be a simple mistake and in the whole overall picture its a small percentage of the lot which in his mind was 99% accurate.