View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingstone206 View Post
As far as etiquette goes,

Maybe its just me, I was surprised when I never received a message from a buyer letting me know they received a $500 card sent FedEx Express in good order. Is that a norm on the buying side of things?
I actually started adding a "#4" to my original post here that just focused on communication, however since nothing involving good communication is mentioned in the actual rules, I left it off so that I could drive home a couple points about the rules that we actually do have down in writing.

But yes, in our community, a little bit of good communication goes a long way -

Should you take the time to respond and/or thank someone who took the time to send you scans of a card you might like? Yes. Should you let your trading partner know that the expensive cards he sent you made it? Yes. If you would prefer to pass on a particular card or transaction in a potential swap, should you politely let the other person know so they can move on to other transactions and not be stuck holding a card for you? Yes.

Like someone said earlier, generally speaking, it's best to over-communicate rather than under-communicate.

Communication points like those up above aren't in any sort of rules listing that we have but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be utilized. The black and white reality of all this is, if you're wanting to do business on the board, people are going to need to feel comfortable working with you and trusting you with potentially hundreds or even thousands of dollars of their hard earned money/collectibles. I've seen a few people on here earn themselves bad reputations because their communication skills are lousy, amongst other things.