View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 08:55 PM
George Gogol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
Very cool, feel free to share more details i.e. who's idea was to collect set, any differences on condition or graded, etc.
Patrick,
If you notice there are to two rows of graded cards in the middle of the table. The cards in front of Dad are his and the cards closest to the camera are mine. If you look I have a ton more graded cards. I like "quality" and Dad likes "quantity." It drives my mom nuts, she loves the look of graded cards. His are much more "a kid loved them, hard, 100 yrs. ago" condition. I send cards to SGC, while dad never would consider that. I enjoy the social aspect of the hobby, while dad just likes to buy and check off the list. Dad also is into backs where I could care less, but I do seek out Polar Bears, due to the Southern Ohio connection.

We started at the Moeller High Show in Cincy, OH, Thanksgiving weekend, 2003. My first card was purchased from Mark Irodenko and was Ed Summers. Dad always took me to the local Howard Johnson show, as a kid, but never collected. He suddenly started with T's, and we have been slaying it together ever since.