View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 11:51 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I'd just submit them below $100. PSA will not grade cards a 5 just because of declared value. They do not look at declared value of the card at all when grading cards. The declared value only is used if PSA accidentally loses or damages your card. Then they will pay you the amount of the card with the max amount being the declared value that you put for the card. Therefore, you should not take too much liberties w/ the declared value.

If PSA determines that the card that you have is valued much higher than the declared value that you put on the card and for that service level, they will just call you (or email you) and let you know that they need to put the card in a higher service tier and charge you extra accordingly. For example, once I sent in a Ruth card under the $1000 service tier. PSA contacted me, and told me after grading the card, they needed to charge me according to the $5000 service tier. I've heard another example where a submitter sent a 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card to PSA. After grading, the card received a PSA 10 Gem Mint. PSA called the submitter stating that because the card graded a 10, it needed to be in a higher service tier, and PSA needed to upcharge him. Obviously, he was ecstatic to pay the extra fee.

Therefore, if I were you, I'd just sent the cards in under the $100 service tier. There will be no effect on all upon the grade that your card will receive. If the card does receive a grade that PSA feels that they must charge you extra, they will contact you for it, so no worries.