View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 09:10 AM
JeR@Me

Default State Title

My sophomore year, our baseball team was loaded and we knew it, we worked hard and were able to make it out of the hardest part of the baseball schedule/tourney by winning the district and region in Nashville & mid-state area of Tn, then we go to a sub-state game, where winner advances to State Tourney, and we run into a buzz-saw (stud pitcher) and lose 1-0 (Or possible 2-1, memory is fading). I have always heard good pitching beats good hitting and I do believe it. At least the majority of the time. I won't ever forget that year, as our team was good enough to win the state championship. All the pieces were in place until we met Senior Smoke! We did rally 2 years later and won the Tennessee State Championship my senior year. We broke almost every team hitting record in the state. These records still stand some 20+ years later. (Most Runs scored, Most hits by a team, largest margin of victory, etc. - 3 games in State Tourney) That team was a special team that won the State, but I always felt like the team my sophomore year may have been a smidge better. (Best team doesn't always win) As a side note, individually - I was a lead off hitter my Sophomore year and was able to go yard at Vanderbilt off a pretty tough Lefty. I got a little lucky as he came inside and I just took it down the LF line) ---- Segway ---- Love seeing our home team - Vandy compete at CWS right now. Coach Corbin is a special coach and even better man.