View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Todd Schultz

You shot off your mouth as you repeatedly do, and once again it comes home to roost. And now you continue to call me a liar. Is there any wonder why I think you’re a prick?

I invite everyone to read the post from Carter’s cards, Post 282, which I will paste momentarily, so that you can see the inherent ridiculousness and flat out falsity of the man to whom Mr. James hitched his wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carterscards2006 View Post
This is our first and last post on this site. We are not going to get ourselves involved in this circus that this thread has apparently become. The only reason we are even posting is to make everyone aware of what actually is going on here. For those customers of ours that have had nothing but positive experiences with us, thank you for your continued business and support.

In terms of the original post here from Todd, this is our position. We have been on ebay for over 10 years and have successfully completed 4,200+ transactions without a single incident. Each and every time we have an unsatisfied customer, we make it right immediately (as can clearly be seen in our feedback and our 5.0 star communication). For those that question our communication and customer service, our 5.0 perfect star rating should quickly end that discussion. Having said that, there is a point where an honest, customer service based business can get taken advantage of, and this is one of those instances. So ... here is the situation in a nutshell.

Within 2 days after Todd won this card, we were contacted by 2 other very reputable sellers (who WILL remain anonymous) and warned us that Todd may want to return the card down the road if things "don't work out" with either SGC or PSA. To make this more clear, Todd purchases GAI graded cards for 20% of their value (since we ALL know the risks associated with GAI) and if the cards cross to SGC or PSA he 5X his money. If they do not, he asks for a refund. In other words in this transaction, Todd either turns his $1,000 into $5,000 or gets his original investment back. Call us crazy, but this is clearly a scam. Because Todd pulls this act with ONLY very reputable sellers, he figures they will not want the hassle he may create (as he did here) and therefore they will return the money and he can't lose.

Well, we have decided to be the ones to stand up for the sellers out there and make a statement. See, we delivered the EXACT CARD that was described in the auction to Todd. He knew EXACTLY what he would be receiving and he knew EXACTLY what the risks were of purchasing a GAI graded card. Todd is a very smart person and has been a collector for a long time. He knows this exact same card in an SGC or PSA holder is worth many times what he paid. He also knows that he got this card at a huge discount because it was in a GAI holder and that there are implied risks of purchasing GAI graded cards. However, as he has done in the past, he figured if he sent the card off to SGC or PSA and they concluded there may be an issue, we would quickly refund his money. This time, Todd, you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

We want to point that many times buyers are unhappy for a myriad of reasons. In fact, 3 weeks ago a gentleman purchased $4,000+ worth of cards from us and emailed us 1 week later stating that his wife became ill and he really needed his money back for the cards to help with the doctor bills that were coming. He overnighted the cards back and we paypalled him his money back within 5 minutes of the receipt of the cards. If customers are honest and straight forward with us, we will always be with them. However, if customers are looking to "take advantage of us because we are honest sellers" we will not stand for this. As many of you have pointed out, we could have clearly refunded Todd his money and relisted the card. However, in doing so, we would be enabling Todd to take advantage of other sellers in the future and ultimately this behavior affects everyone in the hobby as prices have to be raised and sellers become less willing to work with their buyers.

To wrap things up, we just want to address the communication thing. When buyers out there are in the business of taking advantage of good sellers (like us), they DO NOT deserve the courtesy of our time to communicate back with them. As we have pointed out and another poster has pointed out, Todd knew exactly what he was doing here and clearly did not deserve any return communication from us. We quickly sent the claim to ebay and will let them deal with this. We just hope that this whole circus comes to an end and other buyers out there stay honest with us good sellers and we promise to return the favor.

Carterscards2006 will continue to ALWAYS provide each and every customer with top notch customer service and we will ALWAYS put the customer first as long as they do not try to deceive us. Our feedback proves that we have never had a dissatisfied customer in 10 years and 4,200+ transactions and you have our word we will continue to do provide the same first class service in the future.

Thank you, once again, to all of our great customers out there and we look forward to dealing with all of you for many years to come!!!

I would also point you to the last page or so of posts, where Mr. James continued to claim how the seller’s conviction for embezzlement and tax evasion with $1.6 million dollars in restitution has nothing to do with my transaction and apparently should have no bearing on whether he was lying in the thread. Now there’s a reason why criminal convictions of felonies involving dishonesty in the prior ten years are admissible in court cases to impeach a witnesses’ honesty, which I should not have to tell Mr. James– after all, he knows all about retainers and such. Yet it’s even more strange how acts of that magnitude are completely irrelevant to him on matters of seller’s truth-telling yet it is OK to essentially call me a liar because I “weasled out on” some screenshot of transactions that date back to 2002 (which again, I will be happy to explain by p.m.) Yeah, I’m the one who demonizes here.

Lastly, I would point out that I appealed the ebay decision and won a few days after the first complaint was denied. I did tell at least one moderator and several other friends here by pm that I had prevailed, and I apologize to the many who had my back and did not know until now that I won. I felt no obligation to share it with the many self-righteous turds who attacked my credibility throughout that carterscards fiasco (why didn't he amend his post to tell everyone he actually lost, I wonder?). This would include the pompous Mr. James, who in post 493 crowed “Well, my logic also said Todd would lose his case and I was right.” No prick, you were wrong.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.