View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
well here is a little story that will make you think the next time you ship something. I did a deal with a good board member this year. Item was paid for right away and I shipped it the next day. He is in the military and provided me with an APO address. I told him I had never shipped an item to a military address before and was a little hesitant. but I did. I put tracking on it and told him the item was sent. Sent him the tracking #. He told me it takes 3-4 weeks to get the item and not to worry. Well I checked the tracking # about 10 days in and tracking says it was delivered! Wow I thought thats great. Well 2 weeks later I get an email from our board member asking me if I sent the item ,I said yes and I said I gave you the tracking #. He asked me where I sent it, and I said I sent it to the address you provided me. Well to make a long story short 3 months later he himself had to track the package down in Turkey (I had no idea where it went as that isnt in the address) and have a friend send it to him at the new address he was at now! Still packed as I sent it and to the address he provided me with! My lesson here is I will never ship an item to a military APO FPO address ever again! Item was $300+piece. I will ship the item to a relative in the states and they can forward it to the person in the military.
lesson learned and it wont happen to me again.
I shipped a card to one of these base addresses once. Took a while for him to get the card (was like a $25 card) I too was a little hesitant about sending it there. Plus these guys are shipped all around. Sometimes in 3 weeks they can be stationed someplace else.
2013 Topps Autograph Set: 84/660 12.72% Complete
2014 Topps Heritage W/SP's: 393/500 78.6% Complete