View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I really don't have skin in the game on this, but do find people's choices and opinions interesting. I strongly suspect that if buyer had acquired this card at an estate or yard sale for $25.00 most here would slap him on the back with a great big attaboy and a cry of lament as to how they should be so lucky. Never mind that seller there is likely unsophisticated,might even be grieving, and probably can be excused for not knowing certain nuances about back scarcities. Yet when one of the brotherhood, who damn well should know what he is doing as he does it for a living, underprices his goods, it is only right that he be advised of his oversight (I won't even call it a mistake per se) so he can maximize his profit. IF you are one of those people I would be interested in how you reconcile the two situations.
Excellent points; it's certainly not cut and dry.

I guess this particular issue hits home for me. I could easily see myself in this sort of situation. I list most of my items between the hours of 9-11pm and I sometimes make mistakes (thankfully none that cost me $1,000). You can tell by the listing that it was a mistake. The buyer knew it was a mistake and everyone in this thread knows that the listing was a mistake. The seller obviously never meant to list a Lenox back t206 card for $25. Something just didn't register with him (or whomever) at the time.

Some people see a mistake on ebay and take advantage and others try to correct it. I don't fault the guy who capitalized on it (I would've done the same), but I would also understand if the buyer reneged.