View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:18 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by djson1 View Post
Actually, I'm with you here. Personally, I prefer multi-signed balls with several of my favorite players, especially if they are similar types of players or have some type of connection (ie- Koufax/Drysdale, all star team balls, Branca/Thompson, etc). I always felt like many single signed balls are like a waste of real estate on a ball...but I know I'm in the minority here as well. Although I will admit, some single signed balls along the sweet spot can look great too. Koufax and DiMaggio's look great across the sweet spot, for example.
I agree 100%. I also love multi-signed balls. I've got a handful of HOF, HOF pitcher balls which were signed in person at the SF All-Star fan fest a few years ago.. Also have an old Dodger ball (Koufax, Drysdale, Snider, etc) and an old 1935 Tigers ball (Cochrane, Gehringer, Goslin, Greenberg, etc). My most prized ball however is a multi signed ball my dad got as a kid, which has an 18 year old Mickey Mantle on the sweet spot, surrounded by both Enid (OK) Giants and Joplin Miners. I've had several people say, "it's a shame the mantle isn't a single signed ball", but I prefer it as is. It gives a built in context and timeframe.. And I also think they look cooler than a ball that's 95% blank. I have dozens of single signed balls, but my multis are by far my favorites. I hope I/we remain a minority and can continue to pick up these balls at relatively low cost.