View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokelessjoe View Post
John,

I do not care for the Plank at all... Nor I do not care for your removed cards out of scrapbooks... Yes I am throwing out hypotheticals but they are not unreasonable situations...

I do not like nor do I buy into the "oh water.... its so gentle... I think i'll just toss a couple of cards in a bowl... because, well just because". If you think people remove or restore or clean-up cards to the point that one barely can tell the difference before & after the water soak your just fooling yourself. We have seen examples here on the board where people made huge differences in the before & after with just water. And of course money is never the motivator when water is used right?

You tell me how you know what in the world a bowl of warm water would remove from a card? By the way, I think apparently you would be amazed at what my mother can do to stains etc. with just warm water.

Oh & I may be splitting hairs but I have not been posting chemistry debates as you say? - you can go back to searching your desktop cache of funny pictures you swiped from the Internet etc. in hopes that you find something that fits what you are not able to verbalize....
LOL, nothing personal huh? I post pictures because I find it enjoyable. Yes some pictures come from the internet I use the internet sometimes when I visit net54.com. As for not being able to verbalize I think I’ve been pretty clear on my stance. It’s you that keeps wanting to convert me to your thinking or convince me that work like the above is no different than removing a $5 card from a scrapbook and then placing that stained clearly removed card in a binder.

If what was done by Dick and others that results in cards just like the Plank posted is no big deal in our hobby. Why asked now many times is it not mentioned with pride at the time of sale and hidden from TPGs?

Also if your mom can get work like the Plank done with just warm water then Dick should hang up his “towle”.

John