View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Dan

Default Interesting "coincidence" in autographed photos bought through Proxibid

I've recently bought a few autographed photos from three different auction houses on Proxibid (and this is not a Proxibid bash - I've had good luck and bad luck with items bought there, and realize it's a function of the auction house, not the portal). These are all unauthenticated photos of current players and I don't think I spent more than $10 on any figuring I'm not out that much if they prove to be bogus. So, when I got them, I noticed on the back of each there was lettering and numbering that you often see when you print photos online or at a store - I am attaching an example. Although the numbers and names of the player are different in each photo, the name Toni Maynard is on the first line of print on each of the photos (again - these are from three different auction houses). I assume she is the person who printed out all of the photos. Has anyone ever come across this before? Unless Ms. Maynard has a whole lot of athlete contacts in different sports, different leagues, and different colleges, I guess I have to assume that the autographs are all fake. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maynard.JPG (64.5 KB, 428 views)