View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Rich Klein

I have actually written several times about this specific card in my Sports Collectors Daily column. As loing as I can remember, the Grant Jackson #591 card has been a bear for collectors to get.

Having grown up in the NY Metropolitan area with a lot of trips to Willow Grove and knowing the dealers who did that show, yes that card was always guaranteed to be a quick sell.

I have told stories about a collector going to a NY area show, hearing Howie Gordon say, yes that card is $3, the collector stomping away and at the end of the show, throwing a $10 bill at him and saying give me the damn card.

Nothing has changed on this card since then, still a tough card and if you check the Beckett OPG, you will see a far more accurate price now that you would have a while back.

My editor and I discussed this card at one National and he realized he overpaid slightly but I explained to buy the card is worth it to get this done.

Are there other 66's as difficult. yes probably, but the Jackson has a special cache. Glyn Parson noted this as such in a recent post as to why he buys up all reasonbaly priced copies of this card.

Rich