View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Val Kehl

Default Christmas has come early this year for me!

As many of you are aware, two of my major collecting focuses are WaJo cards and Sam Rice Cards. And, you may have seen my recent, ecstatic post in the LOTG Auction pick-up thread where I showed the 1921 Herpolsheimer's WaJo 1-of-1 card that I won in the LOTG Auction that ended a week ago.

Well, guess what - a couple of days after my WaJo post, I received an email from a Net 54 Board member (whom I didn't know, but whom happens to live roughly 25 miles from me) asking if I would be interested in purchasing his 1921 Herpolsheimer's 1-of-1 card of Sam Rice (and, at a reasonable price!). I could hardly believe my eyes as I read this email. Would I be interested - heck, I'd kill for this card, so to speak! I put my check into the mail on Thursday, and the Herps-Rice arrived in today's mail. Are Board members great, or what?!! Bruce, again, MANY THANKS!

I keep pinching myself to make sure that I am not merely dreaming that within a week's time, I have picked up two cards that I never, ever expected that I would be able to obtain. 2014 is already a great year, irregardless (sorry, but I've long used this "incorrect" word) of whether or not I add anything else to my collections for the remainder of this year!
Val
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1921 Herpolsheimer's - Rice - front.jpg (78.3 KB, 610 views)
File Type: jpg 1921 Herpolsheimer's - Rice - back.jpg (78.5 KB, 609 views)