View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Wow. Some great pickups so far.

Scott,
Congrats. Those are some special items. I can only image a personal relic, like glove, uni, hat, or trophy ball, from one of his two no hitters as being a more ultimate VDM pickup than his birth cert or Navy discharge paperwork.

Michael,
I really hope you decide to restore that poster. That blue color looks fantastic and should really pop once done.

My new ones.

1929 type 1 of Lou Gehrig at his home in Larchmont, NY with Benny Bengough showing off some fishing equipment. Very excited to get this one. I already had another picture of the same scene, but it has no slug on it. I thought it was Lou and Bengough at Lou's home, but wasn't sure as their faces are partially obscured. I also didn't know the date. It's nice to be able to confirm the second photo's contents.

1932 type 1 of Gehrig with Bobby Lowe. It goes with the other, more well known, version that I picked up a few years ago.
They were photographed together after Gehrig hit 4 HR in a game, on June 3, 1932. Lowe was the first player in Major League history to hit four home runs in a game, a feat which he accomplished in May 1894.
From Wikipedia
"After Lou Gehrig hit four home runs in a game in 1932, Lowe, wearing his old Beaneaters uniform, posed with Gehrig. Lowe said, "I feel complimented to share the record with so grand a boy."[4] He was 38 years older than Gehrig, but outlived him by 10 years."

Mark awesome photos as always! congrats