View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Busy month so far for me...

1967-68 Sal Bando Oakland Athletics Coat (#6 on the sleeve). No evidence of it having a 1969 Centennial patch on the sleeve which prevents it from being from 1969. Also, since it has only the "A" on the front instead of "A's" I believe it also is from before 1970.

Next...

1966 Cleveland Indians Dick Howser road flannel. Number and name change (HOWSER is still visible on the back when held to the light) from 18 to 5. I believe this jersey may have been re-used in 1967 by coach Del Rice who wore #5.

And the final (most significant piece)...

1960 Cleveland Indians Harvey Kuenn home flannel. All original. Has some staining and a few tears here and there, but just a great piece. For those of you who were Indians fans during that time this jersey is of special significance (especially if you believe in the "Curse of Rocky Colavito"). I believe this could have also been worn during spring training of 1960 by Rocky Colavito since Colavito wore #6 in 1959 for the Indians.

This is the very jersey worn on opening day of 1960 by 1959 AL Batting Champ Harvey Kuenn after he was traded from the Detroit Tigers to the Cleveland Indians for 1959 AL HR Champ Rocky Colavito (tied with Killebrew that year with 42 HR). The two teams played each other in Cleveland on Opening Day - April 19, 1960.

Shown below with photos of the jerseys are images that show the jersey being worn by Kuenn. The final image shows the pinstripe matches on the front of the jersey.