View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Robert - have you considered Nash possibly not being able to give provenance on some items unless he confessed to fraudulently making them himself? Such as taking something like an old ribbon, attaching it to an old bat, and making something completely (new) out of something old? Kind of like 1 +1 = 3?
You are correct, I just want Nash to tell me which stuff is real. For instance I have a King Kelly framed photo. Nash told me this framed photo was displayed at Mike “King” Kelly’s funeral in 1894 in Boston. How does Nash know this? I had the photo checked out by 2 photo experts and told me the photo is real and told me it’s a first print meaning it’s off the original negative. But the card stock is not a normal Hastings mount, but Hastings is written on the back. Did Nash have an unmounted paper print of Mike Kelly and create this framed photo? Only Peter Nash know and so far he’s not talking. But he has a lot to say on his Hauls of Shame website. Why can’t he talk about his own stuff?

I do know that Nash once bought a damaged Imperial Cabinet photo of King Kelly for $500 on eBay. Paid someone to have it repaired and then sold it for $46,400.