View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 03:28 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

From a simplistic point of view I think it will be very difficult for Seattle to win because their margin for error in my opinion is very very slim. Think about it, a run, run, pass mentality requires success on 4-5 consecutive series. The chances of that happening several times enabling Seattle to keep up with what has been Denver's prolific offense just seems less than probable. That said I would think a successful game plan involves establishing very early pressure on Manning (not rocket science here), maybe even take a first series late hit penalty if necessary. Perhaps even more importantly, Seattle must force a relatively weak armed Manning to make longer passes to the sidelines. Seattles corners need to take inside position to force Decker and Thomas to the outside. Seattle's linebackers must cover those inside routes and at times even drop their ends into coverage looking to clog the shorter routes. Thats a lot to ask and a lot that has to go right for Seattle to win. I see it close though as I think Seattle will accomplish a lot of things I mentioned. Final Denver 27 Seattle 25, if you waited and got Seattle +2.5 I think you'll be happy..

One side note, I attended the Knick v. Celtic game tuesday night at MSG and sat directly next to Richard Sherman. We were in adjoining boxes and he happened to sit down right against the low plexiglass divider between the boxes, I was on the other side. I spoke to him for a few minutes and was surprised at how big he was, he's not a 5-10 corner, he's at least 6-3. I told him it was 60-1 that he scores the first TD and he just laughed.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 02-02-2014 at 03:30 PM.