View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 10:24 PM

Default Checklists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
Just a little update on my 67 Topps quest...

I am now at 556/609, it's coming together much faster than I anticipated. Not getting much luck at a show and the local shops on the High numbers as can be expected, so mostly relying on Ebay. There have been a couple of nice high grade set breaks in the last month, and as expected the competition is fierce. Got some great deals, and mostly got my butt kicked. Here are a couple scan of some victories (not my scans) -

Having completed the 66 Topps set it is pretty natural to compare the two. So far my findings are the 66 is a bit tougher. All the 67 High numbers are pretty readily available with some of the DP's downright cheap and were easy to pick off. Doing the 66s there were often times some of the cards were not even present on Ebay, something very rare (Peranoski and Mahafey come to mind). The bigger challenge are the big three, Seaver RC, Carew RC, and Brooks. I did pick up a poor Brooks at a local shop for $8 (two creases) but I don't consider that part of the set. Just couldn't pass it up to have on in hand, lol. With those big three, there are plenty out there, just deciding which one to buy and trying to wait out a great deal. So ease of getting the cards is easier for 67, but the cost may be higher than the 66s.

I also picked up another variation...the Mays Checklist. Got it for very cheap, I don't think the seller knew the difference. That gives me 4 variations...when I complete the set I may go after a few more.
John,

Do you have scans fo the checklist variations? What are the differences? Thanks.

Z Wheat