View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Matt Miller

Default Musial

I'm an extensive Musial collector. You can view my site at www.stanmusialmuseum.com. The 1955 Rawlings cut cards are a fairly tough items to find. Boxes in tact make that fairly tough item a bit more difficult. I have never seen an entire panel for sale seperate the box. A complete box depending on the condition and whether or not the glove is present can range anywhere from $500 to $1000 as of late. The nicest example I ever saw was when Bill Mastro's collection was being auctioned off and he had an intact box with glove. It was in very nice condition. I think in your case, there would be more value in actually cutting the cards from the panel. If your careful to cut the cards to size, you can get the cards graded with a numeric grade rather than just authentic. If your able to obtain a numeric grade, you will have a very valuable item, with much interest (including myself). These cards with a numeric grade are VERY difficult to obtain, so there would be some action, should you elect to sell them. I think anything in the $500-$1000 range for the panel is fair, anything below $500 and your doing VERY well.

Good Luck, Let me know how you do.