View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 02:48 PM
John

The 48 Bednarik... - it was the first vintage auction I ever bid on - once it jumped over $600, I was pretty puzzled - then I realized PSA uses the Bednarik as the cover story for the set: http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...years-of-no-60

I gave up on the 48 Bednarik since I wasn't collecting the set - I think a PSA 4 sold for over $1000, but I can't remember. I settled on the 50 Bowman Bednarik, which is really nice - 50 Bowman reminds me of the 35 Chicles in terms of artistry.

For SVB, I've never seen one that looks as green as this image (I hope it is ok I post it - I don't know who owns the card - I just saved the image). When I see the green jersey variation, the jersey usually looks washed out. And I think the "blue" is the most common (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I also suspect the blue and yellow may not have been intended - I'm guessing they are cases where the green didn't come out right.... I'm sure others must have theories about all the variations, I'm just guessing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg van_buren.jpg (76.9 KB, 54 views)