View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 06:28 PM

Default Fitzsimmons Cards for Sale - Updated Description

I have been able to sell most of the cards that I had previously posted. I'm basically down to just a few Fitzsimmons cards (and 1 Jeffries). I have added more information below:

Excerpt from Adam Warshaw's book - America's Great Boxing Cards 2012-2013, Page 40 (N566 1895 Newsboy Cabinets): "A few lucky souls will be able to get a Bob Fitzsimmons or John L. Sullivan. These two cards apparently were issued in only a limited degree. They have very high series numbers (Fitzsimmons is 966 and Sullivan is 1068). I have seen only three Fitzsimmons (two with Campbell mounts) and one Sullivan." AND "Branding is of interest here. The mounts typically carry "Newsboy" branding. Apparently, a studio called "Campbell" took some of the pictures and also issued cabinet cards using the same images. The Campbell cabinets are very rare and should sell for a multiple of the "standard" mount."

This Campbell Fitzimmons is exceptionally rare, and this is the highest graded example known.

1896 Campbell Studio (same as Newsboy) - Bob Fitzsimmons - SGC 80 - $350 or Best Offer

1901 Ogdens - Heroes of the Ring & General Interest Series A - Bob Fitzsimmons (PSA 4 / SGC 50) - Free with the Purchase of the Campbell Studio Fitzsimmons

1907 Benham Indians Postcard Jim Jeffries - SGC 40 - Best Offer

Andy Baran (abaran0427@hotmail.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CampbellFitzsimmons.jpg (57.0 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 1907BenhamIndianPCJeffries.jpg (20.4 KB, 209 views)

Last edited by Andy Baran; 12-10-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Updated Information