View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Default A Question concerning Ebay's Buyer Protection Policy -- seeking some advice :)

Just won a card on Ebay for a fairly decent amount, $325 and had a question about Paypal/Ebay. The seller's auction description states that I shouldn't pay the invoice sent to me and instead, he'll send one seperately. This bugs me somewhat as the seller is outside the country, has a very low feedback rating, has no feedback at all for the sort of item I'm buying and when I received his invoice that he sent me, it took me to a Paypal page that wasn't tied to Ebay in the slightest.

So my question is, if I pay for the item, do I still fall under Ebay's buyer protection policy? Never had someone try to send me a seperate invoice before so this is kind of a new one. If I try to use the links through Ebay to pay for the item, I'm just taken to an error page that says "Invalid Transaction ID"

Just in case you're curious, the part of the seller's item description that mentioned the seperate invoice is below. I didn't pay much attention to this at the time as I just figured the new invoice he was sending would be through Ebay as well.

Thanks in advance for any insight....

--------------------------------------

On Dec-01-13 at 04:24:58 PST, seller added the following information:

Pls note:

It seems that I submitted a wrong paypal address, so pls don't pay immediantely,

I will send you a payment request for this ebay item.

Thank you very much!

---------------------------------------

Last edited by shammus; 12-04-2013 at 09:03 PM.