View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Hey Leon, thanks for ruining my Heritage-Auction-ending night! I also wanted this E222 Otey card, as it is both an E222 player and E222 back variety that I don't have - if only I had deeper pockets!

Being serious, I truly congratulate you on this great pickup! I had a gut feeling you might be bidding on it, as I knew from my past research that you didn't have this back variety. FYI, I believe you now need 2 back varieties, same as me (not counting the A.W.A. back) - but, fortunately (for me!), we no longer need the same backs!

The other good news for me is I know where to come after this Otey card, which I will do just as soon as I come up with a Niagara Baking card to trade you!

And, yes, I still have the PSA 5 Hooker card with the red/rose colored back. At the risk being considered a show-off, here it is (sorry, but the only pic I have of it at this moment also has my other E222 with the same back design).

Best,
Val
I didn't really figure you would be going for this one Val. And you seem to be correct that there are still a few more backs I need. The hunt is half the fun. BTW, Tim Cathey's article is excellent, in OldCardboard #23. Since it was written I think we have seen 2 more of the AWA cards, so the hypothesis in the article, with reference to these backs, has probably changed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe222master5x.jpg (75.7 KB, 227 views)