View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I'd be curious to hear the details as I have wondered about this if its ok with you.

Was the card shipped to or from you? I am assuming it was shipped in one of the policies approved methods like reg mail, etc.? If the card was over 5k, did you have to declare it with them as a scheduled item prior to ship? Any help is always appreciated.
I don't have the insurance personally, it's through our auction company, B and L. We shipped 2 cards, approximate value $1100 total. Anything over $400 needs signature confirmation and we had it. The cards never made it to the recipient. We filed a claim with all supporting documents (not many really)...and approximately 60 days later we got paid. There was a $200 deductible. We had sent the package through USPS first class with sig confirmation. So that was it.....no problems.

As an aside to the story, quite some time later I got a call from a US Postal Agent. They investigate internal crime in the USPS as opposed to a Postal Inspector who investigates external crime. It seems the 2 "lost" cards showed up on ebay and were being sold by one of those ebay consignment shops. The problem was, was that the true consignor was a Postal Employee. It seems he me might have been the culprit. I don't know how that part of the story ended.