Old 10-13-2013, 04:49 PM
T.e.d. B.r.o.w.n.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
muddymules,

Two questions:

1) Was your find recent?
2) Was it in Indy?

Living in central Indiana, I have been to some estate sales recently and asked if they had any baseball items. They all said no. I am going to be upset if the cards you found were at one of the sales I went to.

David
I have been hitting sales for a few years and always ask if they have anything. It's normally "I just sold everything I had" or "no". I found these about six months ago in Indy. I just wanted to do some research first and see what I had, before I posted the pictures. I've only been lucky twice, once was with these cards and another was a Sinclair Fuel Contest Babe Ruth Autographed baseball (which is still a debate on whether the ball is signed by Babe Ruth or his secretary at the time).

Now, if I collected late 1980's and early 1990's cards, I'd have enough firewood to last forever. That stuff lingers at practically ever sale. There is nothing worse than asking for vintage baseball items and the person brings out tubs of 1989 Donruss cards telling me they would like to keep them for their retirement and then asking me to make an offer. I normally just say "you probably better keep these and let them sit, maybe someday they'll be worth more money". I don't have the heart to tell them to set them on fire.