View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 04:49 AM
David Linardy

Default Great Thread

I frequent the local flea markets here in CT... The thrill of the hunt is what does if for me... there is nothing better than buying an item for a couple of bucks, selling it for a nice profit & then reinvestingin something you really want...

Yard sales & Flea markets have helped me build my collection on a shoestring!

Here are a few that I can remember in the last few years
1-Ken Boyer single signed ball: was going back and forth with the seller over a Bobby Brown Dated 1980 home run ball for $20 when I picked up this one in the pile.... I want to say he told me $5 and a gladly paid up.

2-Comiskey brick: got this one at the old Holyoke MA Flea market for a buck... tured out to be worth its weight in cement!

3-A pair of seat from the old new haven coliseum... sure, they were soaked with cheap beer and I'm sure much more, but for $10 a nice piece of ct memorablia & a great cheap gift that meant the world to my neighbor (they are now sitting in his game room)

4-Quinnipiac game used hockey jersey- Grabbed this one at the wallingford flea market for a $10 spot... in a heap of mens clothes... It was as if the players girlfriend threw him out of the house and tossed everything in trash bags (literally)... Come to find out it is one of the toughest game used College hockey gamers to get... I think I sold it for around $250...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boyer_front.jpg (59.6 KB, 740 views)
File Type: jpg Boyer_back.jpg (58.9 KB, 736 views)
File Type: jpg comiskey_brick.jpg (70.6 KB, 739 views)
File Type: jpg newhaven_1.jpg (57.3 KB, 737 views)
File Type: jpg qu_front.jpg (71.1 KB, 737 views)