View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
......those fantastic Burke black and whites reminded me to dig out this :

....'' GEO. BURKE
847 BELMONT AVE.
CHICAGO '' stamped on the correspondence/address post card side sideways at the top right next to the '' AZO place stamp here '' box.
Mike, mind if I ask the dimensions and to see a back scan of the postcard? I don't think I've seen that pose of Greenberg in a postcard format before, and would love to add the images/info to my Burke research material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwild22 View Post
Anyway, the album that I included a few really crappy pics of has about 30 photos of the 31 white sox - these are all commissioned by Comiskey and done by George Burke whos studio stamp is on the back of the album. About 25 of the 30 photos are signed including the HOF's ......
bwild22, WONDERFUL album. Wow! I would love to see all of the photos in it as well, but if too time-consuming, could you show the stamp on the back of the album as well? It's tough finding examples of Burke's stamping that can be tied to a specific date, and this one would be early in his career photographing ball players.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 09-22-2013 at 02:49 PM.