View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 11:10 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Default Website With Card Gallery Searchable By Player?

Please forgive my non-card-guy ignorance, but is there a website that has a comprehensive catalog of card images that is searchable by player and displays results in a gallery format? Think searchable Standard Catalog with images, and that's what I'm looking for.

For instance, I go to the site and put in "Johnny Rizzo", and the search returns every (or almost every) card with Rizzo on it, displaying actual card images or thumbnails in a column or grid arrangement (not just a text-based list where you have to click through to the card image).

I don't care if it's a research-based site, dealer site, wiki-type site, etc, and doesn't need to have big images. If it's a dealer site, I'd want it to still show matches for cards not in stock, and also cover everything from obscure players to all-stars (so not a site just covering Hall of Famers, or a single player or team fan site).

What I don't want is something like eBay where I type in a player's name and "card" and get 2500 results for what is actually only 30 different cards (multiple instances of each), and even then not be sure how many oddball issues don't happen to be currently listed. VCP gets closer to what I'm looking for, but the scrolling gallery is annoying (for my purposes), and only covers about half of the cards they list.

Is there such a website out there, or is this just wishful thinking on my part