Thread: ...
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 02:03 AM
Glyn Parson

Default The cards were right there in front of him

I agree this Gizmo fool should have pointed out flaws especially alterations but when the card is raw and in front of you it is your responsibility to study the cards and make the determination on whether you choose to buy or not, and I am sorry but finding someone to wholesale you quantities of these cards, in higher grades, at a show like the national in 2013 is rare and should have been a red flag by itself. This Gizmo is apparently a jerk and a borderline crook but the OP did not in my mind except reasonable responsibility for cards right in front of him. Im sorry that I feel he is as much to blame as anyone. Had he scored big would he be on here telling us how he ripped off the dealer and bought a card raw and got a 9/10. That is the risk when buying raw. Like I said the dealers that grade would have been on this guy like vultures if the cards were truly high end. I do not excuse the puffery and lying by Mr Gizmo but I do not find the OP to be lacking in responsibility either. This should be common knowledge, especially to someone spending that knd of coin, and I do and did thank the op for bringing this type of thing to light for newbies. So if its graded by the card not the holder but if its raw just trust the opinion of the stranger on the other side of the table? Sounds foolish to me.

Last edited by glynparson; 09-12-2013 at 02:04 AM.