View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Steve Birmingham

I put 2 and 2 together on it being you.

It's actually a good overview for most people. As you can see I get a bit long in the explanations. Most people stop reading after a few sentences.

I'm planning on checking some of my 89 Fleer tonight with the blacklight, as well as looking for odd ones. I'm sort of hoping I don't find any reactive ones. That would make me go get a bunch more looking for a set of each.

I found the 91 topps by accident. I had a new blacklight for checking stamps and being me I shined it on everything in the room. BIG surprise when I got to the boxful of 91 Topps. I'd used a blacklight before, as a kid hunting minerals, so I was expecting to see different papers and some socks glowing some not. But having about half a monster box light up bright orange wan't expected.

I briefly considered the possibility that UD had made a bunch to capitalize on the popularity. Mostly because of their track record. But their equipment was a lot more modern than everyone elses. Very different screens, which made for the nicer looking pictures. So that didn't make sense.

Steve B