View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 backs Extravaganza......show us what you have ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc1909 View Post
during the distribution of the t206 set there were 6 different print groups. Once a print group was done or discontinued and the next one began the previous one was not
brought back or printed again.

The southern league 48 cards or print group 6 was discontinued in December 1909. The Coupon t213-1 was issued after December 1909. This fact makes Burdick correct
that the Coupon t213-1 needed is own ACC designation separate from t206.

For some time now the mysteries of the t206 set have been tried to be answered by examining the backs. This does answer many questions but not all. Take the time to
examine the fronts and understand the print groups and that will give a more compete understanding of the 206 set.

I am sure there will always be more to learn about the set

Whoa......pre-printed sheets of FRONTS were NOT...."discontinued and the next one began the previous one was not brought back or printed again."

These sheets were subsequently re-used to create the T213 series of sets, T214 set, and the T215 sets.

The printing plates of the 20 subjects in the Southern Association were used circa Spring/Summer 1910 to print the 1910 COUPON set's Southern Leaguers.

It is a known fact that Burdick "blew" the classifying of this set because his records indicate that his timeline 1914-1919 for the T213-1 set was obviously
INCORRECT.

The significance of the study of the various T206 backs has provided us valuable insight and timelines to when certain T-brands were printed and issued.
Illustrated here is my A-B-C-D connection (issued circa Summer 1910**). Note the stylistic design of the "COUPON" back is virtually identical to the other
4 designs.

Another breakthrough in understanding the T206 set occurred in 2007 here on Net54 when Art Martineau had observed a distinct difference in the color of certain
SOVEREIGN 350 backs. I had just completed my all-SOVEREIGN set of 402 cards in 2007. From this complete set we identified that 66 of the cards were printed in
"apple green" ink.

SOVEREIGN "apple green" backs vs "forest green" backs. These 66 cards identify the subsequent 350/460 Series subjects in the T206 set.

Forest green
column............v v................................ Apple Green array ...............................v

Studying the the various T206 backs led to my theory of the BROAD LEAF 460
and red HINDU backs of the 350/460 series having been printed simultaneously.

Further studying of the various T206 backs led to my theory of AMERICAN BEAUTY 460
and UZIT backs of the 350/460 series having been printed simultaneously.

Furthermore, regarding the 350/460 cards the matched BROAD LEAF 460 and red HINDU subjects
are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE with respect to the matched AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT subjects.

AND......I have examined the FRONTS....which resulted in my theory regarding the "EXCLUSIVE 12" subjects in the 460-Only series.

A T206 phenomena that T206 resource was apparently ignorant of.

However, I will agree that...."I am sure there will always be more to learn about the set".

NOTE **......This 1910 date was gleaned from American Lithographic's ledger records.

TED Z