View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 02:28 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
And a place that processed fish remnants into mink food. So take all the bits of old fish from wherever, plus the bits nobody wanted from places doing the filleting. Grind, mix with water, press out some water, freeze into blocks.

The entire place was cold, wet, and smelled of bad fish. The worst part was that you always got a little bit of something on your clothes somewhere. So the smell stayed with you for a few days. Not consistent, but maybe a couple times a day for the rest of the week you's smell fish. if there was a yuck face icon I'd use a couple of them.
I did get to see a rare sight - A seagull not being able to keep some bit of fish down.

There were a few others that were hot or otherwise unpleasant, but nothing close to that.

Steve B
I just spent a week at a large fish processor in Kodiak. The process is probably a little different than you describe, but I'm sure had fairly similar work environments to where I was. I actually don't mind the fish stuff much... Now beef/poultry/pork, that's a different story!