View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 12:19 PM

You know, lots of this issue stems from....

I got slammed when I first went on the CU board. I know its not the biggest thing here at Net54, but at CU, high grade psa cards and vintage unopened are huge. I posted that people reasonably should collect what they can afford. I followed up by stating that because of the irrationally frenzied environment, people were buying up stuff they really can't afford. While there are big boys in the market, theres not really as many as would be necessesary to push prices to where they are at the moment.

And really theres evidence of that everywhere.....from guys not being able to pay for their group rip purchases to scammers...even some of the more "respected" members there.

This BBG issue is just another manifestation. Maybe its just me, but if I could afford to rip a box thats $1K plus....its a straight luxury purchase for me and I sure as heck better be able to afford that cost without resorting to having to sell off items that basically screw with everyone else. I don't have definitive knowledge of BBG's finances, but if $150 or whatever means that much to him, perhaps shredding open expensive packs in a search for PSA 10's is not the best use of his resources.

One more thing...if this posting hits to close to home for anyone else, perhaps inner reflection is a better idea that writing a scathing post in response. Judging by the responses to this opinion posted on CU, I'm expecting the scathing responses, but while harsh, I don't think I posted anything untrue.