View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Bill Gregory

drcy,

I'm heavily into the vintage and pre-war cards, too, and if that's not apparent to some people now, it will be. It's completely natural for me because I collected as a kid, and learned about the history of the game at a young age as well. I am passionate about the game, and the hobby...all aspects of it.

The only reason I haven't bought them earlier is that I didn't know anything about them. The extent of my baseball card knowledge went back as far as 1952 Topps. I'd seen a few pictures of tobacco cards, and was intrigued, but I was really hesitant about buying them because I didn't want to spend my money on a card only to find out it was fake later. I have to have the knowledge before I will invest in anything, be it securities or a sports card. I think that it is wise because you protect yourself, and you also have the opportunity to learn what you like.

It's incredible to me these little things are over 100 years old. I think about the people that might have owned them before me. Kids that might have traded them. These are pieces of history, parts of Americana.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-07-2013 at 08:19 PM.